[avahi] How to enable avahi debug log messages?

Trent Lloyd trent at lloyd.id.au
Wed Feb 3 14:43:08 UTC 2021

Modify or override the systemd service to pass the --debug flag on startup and it will log them. You can also run it manually but you have to mask and stop avahi-daemon which is a bit fiddly to do reliably due to both dbus and Unix socket activation.

I saw your reply on that launchpad earlier too if I have any ideas I’ll update it the bug. Thanks for the extra info!

- Trent