[avahi] [spoofed message] - Re: AVAHI_BROWSER_NEW event when IP address changes is detected in cache

Willems Gert (GWI) Gert.Willems at niko.eu
Tue Mar 9 16:07:32 UTC 2021

Hi again,

I would just like to confirm that indeed, you have to leave the service resolver in your client that you get with the resolve_callback alone. If you don't delete this object then it retriggers although you have to wait for about 4 to 5 minutes for this to happen after the change of the address took place.
It is a very simple procedure and it should be better explained in the sample code that you find when you want to write your own client.
Anyhow, thank you for your help, Trent!

cheers,
Gert