[avahi] Ensuring prompt reconnect to services that do not announce themselves

Mathias De Roover mathderoover at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:08:20 UTC 2022

Dear avahi community,
I'm using the avahi-client interface (C api) to create a service-browser
with the goal of listening to the presence of a specific service in my
network.
It appears however that this service does not automatically announce itself
when it joins the network but does react to MDNS queries.
This results in quite a delay between the connection and the discovery
(more than 15 minutes).
Does a method exist by which I can regularly schedule these MDNS queries so
that I have guarantees about the time between connection and discovery?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Mathias