[avahi] Nice graphical avahi-browse package?

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 20:08:19 UTC 2022

Hi!

When I were playing with a Gnome Teleport package, which offers a simple
way to send files between computers. I wondered, whether there would be
a nice GUI tool, which would present services on local network in a
nicer way than just terminal application.

I have tried bssh tool, but that is very basic. I had on mind something,
which would have different icon for Google chromecast device, different
for a printer and such. Does any implementation presenting what avahi
knows exist?

At least on my network avahi-discover, on Fedora part of avahi-ui-tools
package, does not even show anything. Unlike text tool it seems quite
broken. I am not sure if built-in avahi tools should not be moved to
separate project. They seem to be maintained even much worse than the
core project.

Regards,
Petr

--