[avahi] Hostname case-sensitivity

John McCabe john at mccabe.org.uk
Tue Aug 8 12:22:45 UTC 2023

Hi,

I couldn't find this already being addressed, so thought I'd ask. I've
been using an embedded Linux image built with Avahi 0.6.32 for some time
now, and have had a go trying to build the same image with 0.8. I've
been successful, and it seems to work, but I'm seeing that, if I ping a
host, e.g. abc-123456.local, it's failing, but pinging ABC-123456.local
is fine.

This wasn't the case with 0.6.32; has something changed in that area, or
is there anything that I may be missing?

Thanks

John