[avahi] AWDL

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 12:26:55 UTC 2023

I doubt so. I think you would like to insert records with foreign IPs,
where there is no other guarantee only trusted entity can 'forge'
service entries this way. I think such activity can be allowed only by
explicitly allowed users or groups, not by default. I do not think we
have already API for that. I guess we would want such entries marked
somehow. Are those services reachable over normal IP addresses after
they are discovered? If it requires that OSI layer to communicate with
those services too, I doubt it would be useful for common avahi clients.

A pull request might be reviewed, but it seems not a small feature for
current avahi state. We have pending much smaller features at the
moment. I have no Apple device in my home, so I cannot check this
myself. Maybe try creating issue at github requesting such feature. But
expect no fast resolution.

Regards,
Petr

--