[Beignet] *** SPAM LEVEL 5.929 *** beignet: libEGL ABI abuse (getting at symbols not intended to be public)

Simon Richter Simon.Richter at hogyros.de
Wed Jul 3 04:35:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 03.07.2013 12:01, Zhigang Gong wrote:

> The gbm device doesn't init lookup_image method and the user data. The lookup_image is only
> initialized when use the gbm device to create an egl display and then initialize the egl drm
> platform which is not our use model.

My plan for Beignet in Debian is to upload the releases to the regular
track where they can move into the next release, and direct git
snapshots at the experimental track (I've made an exception with 0.1,
because that version breaks installed OpenCL software with the error
returns from the query APIs), so ideally I'd like to have a solution
before that.

Can this be delegated to the Mesa project by means of a change request
in their BTS?

Current state:

 - Debian#712880 (autogenerated dependencies too weak) blocks Mesa 9
from propagating along the regular package track (unstable -> testing ->
stable). I expect that to be fixed soon.

 - Debian#712903 (dependency on a non-public symbol) blocks Beignet from
propagating within Debian

 - Debian#630344 (support for private symbols in package dependency
calculations) is looming above our heads. When implemented, this feature
will make builds of packages using private symbols from other packages fail.

What I can do is drop EGL support in the Debian packages, at least for
the regular track, which would allow us to be part of the release, but
at reduced functionality.

   Simon

Bug references:

http://bugs.debian.org/712880