[Beignet] FW: ASSERTION FAILED: Unsupported intrinsics

Zou, Nanhai nanhai.zou at intel.com
Mon Jul 8 19:49:22 PDT 2013

Forward to the list

From: 李国兴 [mailto:liguoxing64 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 9:42 PM
To: Zou, Nanhai
Subject: ASSERTION FAILED: Unsupported intrinsics

Hi Nanhai,
We encountered this problem when running our code.

ASSERTION FAILED: Unsupported intrinsics
  at file /home/guoxing/beignet/backend/src/llvm/llvm_gen_backend.cpp, function void gbe::GenWriter::regAllocateCallInst(llvm::CallInst&), line 1688
Stack dump:
0.  Running pass 'Function Pass Manager' on module '/tmp/fileSjkZ49.ll'.
1.  Running pass 'Gen Back-End' on function '@cascadesum'

It is related to float type. We verified so by commenting part of our kernel code. When uncommented a line of code which assigns zero to a float variable, the error occured.
It's on line #123. I've attached the kernel file with this email