[Beignet] clGetDeviceIDs() called with mixed device type

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 4 01:46:24 PDT 2013

I agree with you.

From: beignet-bounces+zhigang.gong=linux.intel.com at lists.freedesktop.org
[mailto:beignet-bounces+zhigang.gong=linux.intel.com at lists.freedesktop.org]
On Behalf Of Song, Ruiling
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:09 PM
To: beignet at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: [Beignet] clGetDeviceIDs() called with mixed device type

In clGetDeviceIDs(). The device type is a bit-field value. But Spec does not
say exactly whether masked value is allowed as input argument.

The problem is whether we should report an INVALID_DEVICE_TYPE when user
passes (CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU | CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT) or other kind of mixed
device types. Beignet currently report INVALID_DEVICE_TYPE error.

Obviously piglit does not think so. It use mixed type to get available
device number.

Personally, I agree with piglit. We should NOT report INVALID_DEVICE_TYPE
for mixed device type. Any comments?

Thanks!

Ruiling