[Beignet] CL_MEM_USE_HOST_PTR involve extra copy?

spring_wind spring_wind at yeah.net
Tue Dec 2 18:44:26 PST 2014

1. clCreateBuffer(CL_MEM_USE_HOST_PTR)
2. clMapxx-->change the data pointed by host ptr--->clUnmapxxx

Is that right?

I think clUnmapxx must contain cache flush operation although it may not involve extra copy, correct me if am wrong.
I am very concerned about the beignet performance on our product.

在 2014-12-03 10:14:10,"Guo, Yejun" <yejun.guo at intel.com> 写道:

Just need to invoke clMapxx function before you access the host ptr from CPU side, and invoke clUnmapxx function after the CPU access. There is no extra copy inside clMap/Unmapxx if all the conditions are satisfied. You can refer to the code in runtime_use_host_ptr_buffer.cpp under beignet/utests.