[Beignet] darktable support

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at gmail.com
Sat May 3 08:00:00 PDT 2014

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Vasily Khoruzhick <anarsoul at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use beignet with darktable, but darktable complains like
> that:
>
> [opencl_init] discarding device 0 `Intel(R) HD Graphics IvyBridge GT1'
> due to insufficient global memory (128MB).
>
> AFAIK it requires at least 768MB.
>
> I tried to rise max_mem_alloc_size and global_mem_size from
> cl_gt_device.h to 768mb, but it won't help much, with beignet-0.8 it
> fails to spill registers, and with git master darktable just crashes
> (I didn't check why, I'm not familiar neither with darktable source
> code nor beignet source code).
>
> Are there any reason to keep memory limits at so low rate?

 No special reason to keep it that low. We will increase it latter.

> Are beignet devs interested in making darktable work with beignet?

  Sure, I just installed darktable 1.2.3 on my ubuntu 13.10 x64 system.
  And I increased the max_mem_alloc_size/global_mem_size to 1GB
  memory. Then I started the darktable as below:
  # darktable  -d opencl
  From the log, I found the opencl is loaded successfully and it works well.
  The only big difference from your environment is that you are using a GT1
device,
  but I am using a GT1. I will try to find a GT1 device to check whether it
has
  the same issue you met.
  And if you could provide a back trace of the crash,  it may helpful to
identify what's
  going wrong there.

  Thanks for reporting this issue.