[Beignet] Beignet not working on Dell Precision M3800

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:21:13 PDT 2014

There seems to be at lease two problems. The first one is that the
OpenCL driver seems to be interfering with the OpenGL driver. For
example, these[1][2] are what my firefox looks like after running some
kernels on Beignet (notice the pieces of wrong color on the Google
logo, search button and the gray background). These patterns shows up
randomly in many programs (ff seems to be the worest though) and
persist for a long time until I restart my computer. I'm not sure how
should I provide more detail on this problem but I will be happy to
help.

The second problem is that there seems to be sth wrong if I run two
tests in series. More specifically, `test_elwise_kernel`[3],
`test_elwise_kernel_with_option`[4] and `test_ranged_elwise_kernel`[5]
can all pass if I run them individually. However, if I run them
together, only the first one can pass... I will try to reproduce this
in C...

[1] http://wstaw.org/m/2014/05/28/plasma-desktopObn722.png
[2] http://wstaw.org/m/2014/05/28/plasma-desktopWbB722.png
[3] https://github.com/pyopencl/pyopencl/blob/master/test/test_algorithm.py#L45