[Beignet] Which version of mesa that Beignet could compile with?

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 07:37:58 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Boxiang Sun <daetalusun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you set the 'MESA_SOURCE_FOUND' to '1' and the path of mesa source
> directory in Beignet cmake file?

No and I don't have the source of mesa anywhere when compiling beignet
(especially in chroot).
The PKGBUILD script I use to package beignet is here[1]. The only
modification was because of the ocl-icd.h header requiring OpenCL 2.0
headers incompatible with the one shipped with beignet (which should
probably be fixed already but I was too lazy to remove that).

> I'm pretty sure that the current master could not compiles with Mesa 10.3.x
> if without some modifications.

Why are you so sure about that? IIRC, there was discussion/commit a
few weeks/months ago about fixing compilation with mesa 10.3.

It would also be probably a lot more helpful to paste the compile
error in order to figure out what is your problem.

[1] https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo/blob/master/beignet-git/PKGBUILD