[Beignet] Which version of mesa that Beignet could compile with?

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Sun Oct 19 07:39:42 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-10-19 at 22:15 +0800, Boxiang Sun wrote:
> Did you set the 'MESA_SOURCE_FOUND' to '1' and the path of mesa
> source
> directory in Beignet cmake file?
>
> I'm pretty sure that the current master could not compiles with Mesa
> 10.3.x
> if without some modifications.
>
> Regards,
> Sun

> > On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Boxiang Sun <daetalusun at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I know the Beignet could not been build with current version of
> >
> > Really? Both the current master and the 0.9.3 release compiles with
> > mesa 10.3.1 just fine here.
> >
> > > mesa(10.3.x5). But I tired the 9.2.5. It still could not been
> > > build.
> > >
> > > So which version of mesa that the current Beignet could been
> > > build? I
> > mean
> > > could build successfully without any modification.

I've not tested recently, but the Beignet Mesa EGL extension has been
broken for a long time.  I looked into fixing it, but it's a big job,
and really needs to be worked on by an experienced Mesa developer as
it requires support from the Mesa side.  The (currently?) broken
version was a bit hacky and depended on Mesa functionality that has
since been removed.