[Beignet] Unit test fail (and regression?) on i7-4702HQ

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 04:48:43 PDT 2014

Hi,

With current master, the unit test compiler_atomic_functions fails with output

compiler_atomic_functions()    [FAILED]
    Error: ((int *)buf_data[0])[i] == cpu_dst[i]
  at file /home/yuyichao/projects/archcn/repo/beignet-git/src/beignet/utests/compiler_atomic_functions.cpp,
function compiler_atomic_functions, line 92

on my laptop with i7-4702HQ.

I was running the unit tests because I've noticed that some of my code
which runs fine with beignet a few commits ago fails with the current
master. The code runs with beignet 0.9.3 (and IIRC some later commit
at the master branch as well) but it fails on the current master with
the following error after freezing the screen for a few seconds.

python: /home/yuyichao/projects/archcn/repo/beignet-git/src/beignet/src/intel/intel_gpgpu.c:703:
intel_gpgpu_check_binded_buf_address: Assertion
`gpgpu->binded_buf[i]->offset != 0' failed.

Kernel version 3.17.0
Kernel patch for haswell applied.
cmd_parser turned off just in case (doesn't work when enabled wither)

Yichao Yu