[Beignet] Problem Summary: "Failed to release test userptr object! (9) i915 kernel driver may not be sane!"

Gao, Sanshan gss at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sun May 10 01:12:16 PDT 2015

I always meet a hint "Failed to release test userptr object! (9) i915 kernel driver may not be sane!", and cannot get the real point of problem, and cannot google anyone meet the same problem. It does not stop program run, but just hint.

Ubuntu 14.04.2
Kernel 3.18.12 with Beignet Patch
Libdrm 2.4.60 (compile and install from source code)
Ocl-Icd 2.1.3-4 (install by "apt-get install")

1. At the begining, after all settings being completed, everything is OK.
2. Then, after a period, this hint appears when use Release functions in OpenCL. Sometimes also in utest_run, sometimes not.
3. Then, after some tries, this hint appears in some Create functions and Release functions. But utest_run is OK, only my own codes have this problem. I'm sure that my code is simple enough to be without bugs. At least, it's run successfully before.

First of all, I guess it's due to libdrm-dev. After many time of recompiling, I think I do not get the point.
Then I just find this link: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2014-November/054790.html , and there is a segment of code:
ret = drmIoctl(bufmgr_gem->fd, DRM_IOCTL_GEM_CLOSE, &close_bo);
-	free(ptr);
-	if (ret) {
-		fprintf(stderr, "Failed to release test userptr object! (%d) "
-				"i915 kernel driver may not be sane!\n", errno);
-		return false;
-	}

This cannot tell my why, so I just run:
sudo apt-get remove --pruge cmake pkg-config python ocl-icd-dev ocl-icd-opencl-dev libxfixes-dev libxext-dev llvm-3.5-dev clang-3.5 libclang-3.5-dev libtinfo-dev libedit-dev zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install cmake pkg-config python ocl-icd-dev ocl-icd-opencl-dev libxfixes-dev libxext-dev llvm-3.5-dev clang-3.5 libclang-3.5-dev libtinfo-dev libedit-dev zlib1g-dev
Then, rebuild libdrm and Beignet

Then everything is OK again!

Still not solve this problem. But if someone meet the same problem, may be can try this method.