[Beignet] Introductory questions

Song, Ruiling ruiling.song at intel.com
Wed Feb 24 06:05:13 UTC 2016

Let me try to answer your question, but I have never try it.
Whether the integrated card is enabled or not is mainly determined by the BIOS setting.
Some bios setting will choose to disable integrated, but usually it will not.
You can check the dmesg of your system, see if there is log about "i915".
You can also check /dev/dri/cardx, if you can see card0, card1, it will be dual graphics card enabled.
If you make sure the integrated graphics card is enabled, then you can do some further try.
Please take a look at:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/tree/src/intel/intel_driver.c
you may need to modify intel_driver_open() to let it directly choose the integrated card.

> I worked with AMD/Apple on the specification/early implementations of OpenCL.
> It'll take a bit to get back up to speed but, in time, I hope to be able to be able to
> contribute some functionality to the project!
Welcome!

Thanks!
Ruiling