[Beignet] few questions on Beignet-OpenCL-ICD v1.2.0 regarding X11 and kernel patches

Rebecca N. Palmer rebecca_palmer at zoho.com
Fri Sep 23 17:50:08 UTC 2016

> it seems like the DRI is only available together with X. That's why I'm specifically interested if you know how to make /dev/dri appear in non-X environment.
That might explain why my test worked: while I had no X inside the
chroot, /dev/dri was bind-mounted from outside it, where there was X.

>>  Did you do the no-X compile by an explicit option, or by not installing
>>  the X headers (libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxfixes-dev)?
> BTW, thank you very much for the debian package that I found in Debian sid, I took its controls and used them to build a package for Ubuntu, with some modifications (e.g. killed X dependency).
Removing something from the dependency list in debian/control only stops
the build tools *forcing* it to be installed before they will attempt a
build: it doesn't stop the build from using that package if it happens
to be installed anyway.