[Beignet] few questions on Beignet-OpenCL-ICD v1.2.0 regarding X11 and kernel patches

Seva Gluschenko gvs at webkontrol.ru
Mon Sep 26 07:32:37 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

My problem is solved, finally, and I think that would be reasonable to share the solution here, even though it has no connection to Beignet, just in case somebody hits the same problem next time. The solution is simple:

# modprobe i915_bpo modeset=1

The reason this problem ever appeared is that our IT infrastructure provider issued "nomodeset" as default option in the /etc/default/grub file because of numerous problems with older i915 modules.

Thank you very much again for useful hints and patience.

Best,

Seva