[Beignet] Random error with very low prabability in Haswell platform

Gao, Sanshan gss at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Fri Apr 7 08:47:29 UTC 2017

Hi, all,

I'm using Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 for general purpose computing, RSA decryption with OpenCL. However, I found that the calculated result would be wrong with very low probability in benchmark. In my experiments, this prabbility is bout "1%". And when I write out this cipher message to a file, which is not decrypted rightly in benchmark, and decrypt it individually, the result becomes right.

Did someone else meet similar situation? I guess there would be some problems with this integrated GPGPU (i.e. there are some mistakes with hardware platform, but not software implementation). I remembered that I heared of such deduction before, but I ignored it, because I had not met such error.

Platform: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200, OpenCL, Beignet
Grandtruth: computed reuslt by OpenSSL library

Thanks,
Sanshan