[Beignet] VME support for Intel 4th generation (Haswell)

sat iiitb sateesh.k112001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:17:12 UTC 2017

Hi Chuanbo

Understood and it's good news that this was planned for future (since I
haven't encountered any posts on motion estimation in Beignet).

I noticed the comment below with in 'cl_gen7_device.h' header that
indicates perhaps 4th gen on wards is not yet ready for motion estimation
support. Is it the hardware (Iris pro graphics core in 4th gen compared to
Intel HD in 3rd gen) that is not ready or the underlying driver (i965)
needs to be extended for Iris Pro etc.,? I am just curious to understand if
there is anything that I can experiment with and make the 4th gen work or
if it is something best dealt by experts at Beignet team.

//temporarily define to only export builtin kernel
block_motion_estimate_intel only for Gen7
//will remove after HSW+ also support

Many thanks
Sateesh

--