[Xr] Error compiling Xr

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 15:53:43 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 17:58, Davor Buvinic wrote:
> On today CVS, Xr refuse to compile. Apparently Xft requires to include
> freetype2 headers, and Xr build system don't use xft.pc (at least I can see
> the freetype2 requirements on this file).
>
> (My system runs Red Hat 9, with XFree86 4.3.99.2 and freetype 2.1.4)
>
> export cc="gcc -I/usr/include/freetype2" fix the problem.
>
> BTW, xrtest have very nice demos!

Here's a simple fix

The call to m4_normalize() is optional ... it was the simplest way to
get rid of weird white space from the configure ouput (all the Xr
modules have this problem) while keeping the line breaks in
configure.in.

Personally, I generally just stick all the dependencies onto
a single long line..

Regards,
                                         Owen