[Cairo] Cairo Java/SWT bindings
skuloor at verano.com
Thu Aug 7 14:04:42 PDT 2003
I just checked in a project that implements Java bindings to Cairo into
keithp.com CVS. You can checkout the project using:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at keithp.com:/local/src/CVS login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at keithp.com:/local/src/CVS co CairoJava
Please follow the instructions in the README.txt file to build the
-------------------------- README.txt --------------------------------
This is a Java binding to the Cairo graphics library. The binding can
be used to draw on SWT images and widgets and should work on SWT
versions >= 2.1 using GTK+ 2.x. Note that the bindings will not work
on Motif SWT or AWT/SWING.
The bindings were tested with JDK version >= 1.3.1 and on Redhat 9.
The project is setup as an Eclipse project.
* Checkout the project using CVS repository view in Eclipse.
* Modify the project setup to reflect jars and libraries in your system.
* Do a Project -> Rebuild Project
* Go to the jni sub-directory in the source directory.
* Run 'make'. This will create the JNI shared library.
* Now you should be able to run the test classes.
If you do not want to use full Eclipse, make sure to install
compatible SWT from Eclipse site. Then follow the following steps in
the given order:
* Get and install ant. This is used to build the Java files.
* Go to the src directory and run 'ant'
* Go to the jni directory and run 'make'
The build will put Cairo-0.15.jar and the JNI shared library under
lib. You can use these to run the tests under the test directory.
More information about the cairo