[Cairo] Re: Xrender transforms...

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Aug 14 09:34:25 PDT 2003

Around 8 o'clock on Aug 14, Sven Luther wrote:

> But still, what i ask is not joining all the libraries, just to have
> them in a common source package, and having them buildable in one go,
> not the build-install repetition we have today, and which will probably
> not survive well a delayed install like what is done when building
> packages.

That's really a packaging and release management issue -- creating
a build system to take the various packages and get them built for
installation or distribution can be managed by something like 'gar'.

I'm not quite sure what to do with 'slim'; I'd like to share the
definitions among the libraries which use that technique, but shipping two
headers as a package seems a bit extreme.

How does 'gnome' get built for debian?

-keith