[Cairo] Re: Patch for cairo --without-x

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Wed Dec 3 12:30:50 PST 2003

On Nov 27, Sasha V. wrote:
 > Ok, here is new version of the patch.

Thanks! I've now committed a modified version of the patch.

 > It does remove _xlib.c from compilation entirely,

Perfect.

 > but I had to keep cairo-xlib.h, but not just keep it, but rename
 > it into cairo-xlib.h.in, so that configure could insert proper
 > macro directly into it.

Instead, I've dropped cairo-xlib.h completely. I've added a new
cairo-config.h.in that gets substituted and installed as
cairo-config.h next to cairo.h in $prefix/include.

If the separate header file seems a bad idea, we can fold it into
cairo.h and have that be generated instead, (a bit more painful for
maintenance, but nicer for the user).

-Carl

PS. The mailing list forwarding seems to be working, so hopefully the
DNS change will be quite unremarkable when it happens.