[cairo] Finding libXrender

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Dec 11 09:36:16 PST 2003

On Dec 9, Nathan Gray wrote:
 > It turns out Apple does install libXrender, and in the standard
 > location, just no .pc file.  I cooked one up myself and now I've built
 > all the demos successfully.

Another option is to just grab the Xrender module from the /cvs/xlibs
repository on freedesktop.org, (it will want the Render module as
well).

Oddly, the autogen.sh script for Xrender fails for me on OS X. It
doesn't expand any of the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macros. Looking at the
script, it basically just calls autoreconf. Here's the autoreconf
version I've got:

	$ autoreconf --version
	autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

I copied over the autogen.sh from cairo and was able to build Xrender
just fine with it.

 > Also,  -lX11 and -lXrender need to be put in cairo.pc if you build with
 > X enabled, and xrender needs to be in the Requires section.

That's funny. I'd never noticed these were missing on Linux. The
linker seems to be able to figure things out without needing these
flags when linking the application.

I've now committed a fix so that xrender will be added to cairo.pc if
needed. This seems to do the trick, (as it pulls in -lX11 itself).