[Cairo] Re: [Xr] Cairo

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jul 15 16:19:00 PDT 2003

Around 0 o'clock on Jul 16, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> Ohh, this will feel a bit strange to code with. Can't it be cr_move_to
> etc instead?

It could be, but I'm concerned that this short prefix will collide with
some existing facility in some operating system.  The longer prefix seems
less likely to cause problems.  Remember that cairo is intended to be a
cross-platform library, and so it will come in contact with a lot of
other libraries; keeping the namespace easily separated should reduce
future troubles.

Also, given the short argument lists and brief function names, I was
thinking that a longer prefix wouldn't be too bad.

What do you think?

-keith