[Cairo] Color transforms

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jul 18 16:47:13 PDT 2003

Around 18 o'clock on Jul 18, Owen Taylor wrote:

> So, there is no point in getting too fancy with the part that
> isn't "draw these glyphs at these positions".

That's the plan -- some lame UTF-8 based API for applications that aren't
wise enough to find a real text layout system, and then support for
setting specific glyphs at specific locations.

The UTF-8 API will probably do font merging right down inside cairo so
that applications will always get that.  I'm wondering how I can use this
same code to accelerate this operation in Pango -- my plan is to use a
single level hash to map unicode -> glyph/font so that I don't have to
walk the sorted list of fonts for glyphs I've already found.

-keith