[Cairo] ELF shared library improvements [0/4]

Richard Henderson rth at twiddle.net
Tue Jul 29 14:50:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 04:38:14PM -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> If we can come up with a reasonable name, we can add a "name_" prefix
> to the macros and package a single /usr/include/name.h file as its own
> package.

If I'm not mistaken, I think we still need all three installed headers.

One possible improvement would be to avoid the reliance on _PKGINT_H_
that is present in the user's public header file (e.g. ic.h).  A solution
that comes to mind is to edit that file twice.  Once, when configuring
the package to build (so that it includes the <import.h> variant) and
once when installing the package (so that it includes <export.h>).

We could possibly hide all this with autoconf macros also distributed
with the slim package.

Thoughts?

> slim	Shared-Library Interface Macros.

I think I like this best myself.