[Cairo] Cairo Debian Packages

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 26 04:11:05 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:18:36AM +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:09:44 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:28:42PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I could sponsor the package for you for an experimental upload if you
> > > like.
> >
> > This offer still stand, especially as i will probably be packaging
> > cairo-ocaml, which would depend on your packages, i think it would be
> > nice to make an experimental upload soon.
>
> I was thinking about it; the packaging is getting pretty stable now and
> I was just going to reply to the debian ITP cairo bug last week when the
> Debian sites went away (now returning).

Yep, but i guess it will still be a week or two before things return to
normal. Please add a (Close: #<ITP-bug number>) in one of the changelogs
(the cairo one), so the ITP will be closed with the upload.

Also i don't really like the fact that cairo comes in loads of small
libraries, and i guess the ftp-masters, once they are ready to look at
it again, maybe in a month or so, will like it too, but let's see about
that.

> If you are going to sponsor the uploads I don't think there's much for
> me to do apart from make packages and tell you when to re/build them and
> dupload them.  The files at http://freedesktop.org/~cairo/debian/ are
> ready for you to sponsor.

Please add the Closes: entry in the changelog of libcairo, and also
change all the unstable entries in the changelog to experimental.

Friendly,

Sven Luther