[Cairo] Rectangle-based clipping for surfaces

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Wed Oct 15 13:13:09 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 01:04 pm, Keith Packard wrote:

> We could also have an 'clip_end' call and say that the accumulated
> rectangles are intersected with the current pixel clip at that point;
> that's actually necessary for X operations in any case.

I think this call would agree with what I was thinking of, since the clip
would not actually change until this clip_end call, and it would be reduced
at that time.

However this still sounds identical to having a fast "add a rectangle to the
path" call and a call to clip to the current path. It seems the overhead of
recognizing that the path is all rectangles would be small and the result
would otherwise be identical.

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak