[Cairo] Cairo on Windows

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:40:15 PDT 2003

On Sep 4, Maarten Breddels wrote:
 > I compiled Cairo on Windows today. Maybe someone is interested. I had to
 > change the source a bit, rip out all the X specific stuff and the font
 > stuff. I also needed the X11 include dir and some had to update some
 > files.

Thanks Maarten.

Bryan Worth, (my brother), has been going through a similar
exercise. He's also started work on a module that takes the results
from libic and display them on a Windows window of some kind.

 > Maybe windows support is something to think about, getting rid of
 > the X dependencies would be great.

We definitely want to enable backends using various native graphics
systems. Bryan and I keep threatening to find some time to sit down
and rework the backend layer so that the proper subset can be
conditionally, (or separately), compiled on each system.

 > I also made a Python binding to Cairo using SWIG.

That sounds interesting. Would you like to share this? We can host the
code in CVS. Send me a private mail and I can set that up

 > The library looks really nice, it did crash at one time.. When I drew a
 > line 1000 (pixels?) thick, but it maybe the clipping was off orso, but I
 > guess that shouldn't happen.

No, it shouldn't ever crash. Can you send me a test case for this? I'd
like to look into it.

Thanks,