[cairo] glitz problems

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Thu Apr 1 04:28:49 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 08:50 +0200, Rob Buis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to try glitz out yesterday, but quickly ran into problems.
> What I tried was this :
>
> - start with cairo cvs code.
> - use the cairo-pattern-040331 patch on it.
> - compile this, install it.
> - get glitz code from cvs.
> - configure indicates glx -> yes, agl -> no.
> - compile this, install it.
>
> Now, when I tried cairo-demos-shading-glx I run into problems at
> linking time, with undefined references in glitz-glx. I have the cairo,
> glitz and glitz-glx libraries installed on the system (/usr/local/lib).
>
> Did I miss some steps? What would be a nice recipe to try out glitz?
> Cheers,

You must use both the cairo-pattern patch and the cairo-gl patch.

If this is what you've done, which references does it say are undefined?
What output do you get from 'pkg-config --libs glitz-glx'?

Seems a bit weird as I use -no-undefined with libtool for glitz-glx so
it should complain when compiling glitz-glx, if undefined references
exists.

- David

--
David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se>