[cairo] Win32 compiling question

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 17:03:46 PST 2004

Hi,

I was trying to compile Cairo on Cygwin but I ran into some trouble,
apparently caused by libpixman - when I compile Cairo I get an error message
wildly claiming:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
/usr/local/lib/libpixman.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Any ideas what to do about this? I had libpixman compiled with an
out-of-the-box "make install" and it seemed to compile and install okay.

Thanks in advance,
  - Andreas