[cairo] Win32 compiling question

Maarten Breddels dmon at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 9 10:22:33 PDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to compile Cairo on Cygwin but I ran into some trouble,
> apparently caused by libpixman - when I compile Cairo I get
> an error message
> wildly claiming:

I've also managed to compile Cairo using MS Visual c++ compiler, a plain
win32 binary. I didn't get fontconfig to compile, so I stripped it out
using some #ifdef macro's. I'm also working on a win32 font backend, and
the freetype backend expects a font filename, instead of a pattern. I'm
having trouble with a appearent freetype bug now, but if you are
interested I can send you some static libraries, dll's and the modified
cairo.h, or describe how to compile it.

-Maarten Breddels