[cairo] configure errs in determing if xrender backend supported on RHE 2.1

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Fri Apr 16 16:01:18 PDT 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 03:50 pm, Charles Tuckey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a small thing. I am compiling cairo-0.1.21 on RHE 2.1 which has
> a older version of Xrender that won't work with the cairo xlib surface.
>
> The configure script checks for xrender.pc which it doesn't find on RHE
> 2.1. Then it checks for Xrender.h. The configure script finds this and
> assumes that cairo can support the xlib surface. On RHE 2.1 this is the
> wrong assumption.
>
> I don't know what the fix is. There doesn't appear to be any version
> info in Xrender.h. Perhaps if the pkg-config check fails then the
> assumption should be that xlib surfaces are not supported. This would be
> consistent with the way decisions about the other surfaces are made.
>
> I am aware I can give the parameter --disable-xlib to the configure
> script. I'm just trying to help make the build process automagical.

I wrote this change to check for the header files because on my machine
(Mandrake 9.2) the package does not exist but the new Xrender does exist.

Perhaps a grep of the header file would work, look for some new Xrender call.
Or run a test compile of something.

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak