[cairo] Re: How to use clipping?

Sebastien Lemieux lemieuxs at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Aug 3 10:47:54 PDT 2004

Hi Carl,

  Thanks for the fast reply!  I guess I'm still missing something, here is
a sample of code I wrote (the none cairo_ calls are just wrappers in the
object class and all work is done on the cairo_t *mImage):

  cairo_new_path (mImage);
  move_to (mView_min_x + 10, mView_min_y + 10);
  line_to (mView_min_x + 10, mView_max_y - 10);
  line_to (mView_max_x - 10, mView_max_y - 10);
  line_to (mView_max_x - 10, mView_min_y + 10);
  line_to (mView_min_x + 10, mView_min_y + 10);
  cairo_close_path (mImage);

  cairo_clip (mImage);

  move_to (mView_min_x, mView_min_y);
  line_to (mView_max_x, mView_max_y);
  set_line_width (1.0);
  set_rgb_color (0, 0, 0);
  stroke ();

I've included the resulting image as a png where we can see that the
diagonal line is drawn both within and beyond the clipping region.  The
last stroke() draws both the clipping rectangle and the diagonal line.

thanks,

--
Se[bd]