[cairo] Cairo and Mozilla licensing

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Fri Aug 13 08:27:25 PDT 2004

Given that this seems to be a contentious issue, what would the
implications of dual licensing Cairo under LGPL and MPL with respect to
Carl's desire to keep the code open?

It would certainly satisfy Mozilla's licensing preferences, and seems to
be a more friendly for embedders.

Unless I'm mistaken though, it would give people the ability to
distribute a modified version of cairo and not release the changes to
the library itself (since the MPL doesn't require you to release changes
in new source files in the derivative work).  This is gives a lot less
protection than the LGPL.  Am I missing anything here?

James.

Email: james at jamesh.id.au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/