[cairo] Another glitz - another problem

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Wed Dec 1 01:40:22 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 08:49 -0800, Alex Dubov wrote:
> Hello.
> I've recently upgraded glitz and cairo (from a CVS).
> I made necessary (to my understanding) changes to my
> program. The problem is that I'm always getting a
> black window, no matter if I'm using cairo or
> glitz_set_rectangle. glitz_drawable_swap_buffers has
> certain effect (it cleans up the window), so something
> is probably working (I'm getting no X errors; gltrace
> shows nice succession of gl calls).
> May be somebody has a clue why I'm unable to draw
> anything visible?

Drawables and surfaces have been separated into different objects. First
you'll have to create a drawable then you'll have to create a surface
and the surface must then be attached to a portion of the drawable to
make rendering operations on the surface target the drawable.

When attaching the surface to the drawable, make sure you're attaching
it to the correct buffer. You probably want to attach it to the back
buffer if the drawable is double buffered.

-David