[cairo] Problems with the gtk-x11 interface

Steve Chaplin stevech1097 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 22 08:59:20 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 09:24 -0500, Ashwin Bharambe wrote:
> Thanks, Carl. I observed the same problem with the knockout sample
> from Mono.Cairo. So, I would think the problem is within the knockout
> sample and not within pycairo, probably.

I observe the problem with cairo-knockout.py when the window is obscured
and then exposed - the obscured area does not get redrawn properly.
If the window is resized it is redrawn OK.

cairo-knockout.c draws to an offscreen pixmap, whereas
cairo-knockout.py draws directly to the gdk.Window
If I change cairo-knockout.py to draw to a gdk.Pixmap first and then
copy the pixmap to the gdk.Window it works OK.

So it looks like the bug is triggered by drawing direct to the display.

Steve