[cairo] Cairo documentation

Ravindra rkumar at novell.com
Tue Feb 24 22:23:25 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 20:05, Thomas Hunger wrote:
> think most functions are self-explaining, but actually I cannot tell what
> answers people seek in the reference, so more direct questions (even if one
> has the solution already) are very appreciated from me.

Thomas, for me following are few things that seems missing from the
reference doc,
1. How and where to use operators?
2. After reading the comments inside cairo.h, I got a feeling that
cairo_set_rgb_color () and cairo_set_alpha () have some effect on each
other. It is not explained in the reference doc.
3. I do not know how much sense it makes, but having 3-4 lines of code
that explain the use of a function really helps any beginner.
4. Also, at few places it is really helpful to describe the arguments,
e.g. cairo_rotate () takes double angle, but it is not mentioned whether
it should be in degrees or radians. Similarly, for cairo_scale () one
sentence that says what are dx, dy and what values must be used to
enlarge/reduce the dimension, +/- or >1 or <1 etc. could be added.
My questions might look too simple, but when I refer a doc, as a
beginner, I have all such Qs. FYI, I'm still looking to get answers to
some of these questions.

Thanks,
Ravindra