[cairo] DOM manipulation

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat Feb 28 12:55:40 PST 2004

Hello,

I've got a quick question on Cairo features before I waste time on
yet-another-technology that isn't what I'm looking for (KSVG being the
first).

I'm planning to utilize SVG to render the board layout of board games and
want to manipulate the DOM of an SVG image loaded from file to perform tasks
such as:

- changing the color of a certain element
- requesting coordinates, as rendered, of an element, to calculate waypoints
  for tokens

( See http://www.unixcode.org/atlantik/news/2707/ for my initial thoughts on
the concept )

KDE/Qt/C++ bindings would be a requirement of course, so hopefully showing
some interest in Cairo as KDE developer might motivate work in that area and
obviously I'm willing to do the necessary testing and debugging work.

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 2/17 Blink-182, 2/29 Anti-Flag 3/5  Anti-Flag/Heideroosjes
cap at capsi.com | 3/19 The Offspring, 3/24 Good Riddance/None More Black