[cairo] Write ups on Microsoft Avalon

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Fri Jun 4 18:12:43 PDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:02:14 -0700, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Line widths could be solved by special-casing '0' line width to mean the
> nearest multiple of pixels to 1/96 inch, and that the line centers are
> adjusted to be in the middle of pixels. This would be the default line width.

Ah, that's what you meant with size 0.

But that special case would only make sharp lines easy at one
width. User would still have to learn how to do manual position
adjustments to sharpen lines of other widths. So I don't see a big
benefit.

We've already a default width of 2 which gives sharp horizontal and
vertical lines without any special case.