[cairo] anti-aliasing quality in glitz/OpenGL vs. Cairo native rasterization?

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Mon Jun 14 01:18:50 PDT 2004

Hello,

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 18:48, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:43:30 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> > I may start a thesis project exploiting offloading parts of a rasterizer
> > into logic (as GPL VHDL code) and Cairo may be an interesting candidate
> > there.
>
> I might be quite interested in this. And I'd be glad to help out
> regardless.
>
> Do you have a target platform in mind already?

Altera Stratix FPGA with an softcore embedded NIOS II 32-bit processor.
Plan: start off with everything in C, profile and then do incremental
software/hardware partition.

I need to get into VHDL/FPGA/logic design again, only barely touched the
topic with a single course and a single hands-on training.

> Our current software for that is in libpixman, but we've designed a new
> specification that we haven't implemented yet.

There is some initial reading for me to do.

I noticed the current source code is not annotated by comment. Is there
any interest in having the code commented as I will probably start doing
so for my own good.

Regards,

Leon.