[cairo] Automake conditional variable problem...

Carlos Noguera carlos.noguera at americanslackers.com
Fri Mar 19 14:25:08 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm in the process of creating some CVS ebuils for Gentoo, and in the
course of building the Cairo and libglc CVS trees (with the GLX and
shading patches) I've come across some issues.

Aparently automake (version 1.8.2) really doesn't like the conditional
variable assignments pkg-config generates for these builds. The
autogen.sh dies with a "automake does not support conditional definition
of ... in ...". (eg. libglc_glx_extra_dist in EXTRA_DIST)

So far I've gotten around these by explicitly changing the definitions
to what I want in the Makefiles, but this isn't the "right" way to do
it.

Does anyone on this list have any suggestions? I'm sorry if the question
is simple or stupid, but I'm just starting out... :-/

[C]