[cairo] PS backend

Ross McFarland rwmcfa1 at neces.com
Wed May 5 18:50:15 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 13:15, Keith Packard wrote:
> secondary pass.  It might be that the right format for this is PDF 1.4;
> that can be converted to PS with existing tools, moving us from two
> separate backends to a single backend...

i've finally got around to getting a basic understanding of pdf. wrote
some code that wrote a valid pdf file. came to grips with how all of
it's objects, streams, xrefs, and offsets work. my intention is to take
a look at cario's back-ends and see what if anything i can come up with
for pdf. no promises or anything, but hopefully i'll manage.

after discussing the ps issues on irc a while back i, too, have almost
settled on the opinion that cairo -> pdf -> ps will probably be the best
solution in the end.

-rm