[cairo] GTKCairo development

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Thu May 6 15:57:16 PDT 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 02:56 pm, Jon Smirl wrote:

> Finally we got Unicode and now the whole world
> works. Let's not repeat the past. Linux is used the world over. Any new
> text API needs to fully support Unicode layout. Code pages should die!!!

I fully agree, that is 100% of the reason behind my suggestion!

If there is an interface that says "this glyph may not draw if you have not
selected the right font" then we have the equivalent of code pages. I don't
care if the interface is "low level". Have we learned nothing from 30 years
of these stupid mistakes?

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak