[cairo] Speed of Cairo on Win32

Peter Nilsson peter at freedesktop.org
Fri May 7 08:08:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 16:24, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder how fast is cairo on Win32 ?
> Currently, in one of my projects I use Win32 API GDI calls.
> I wonder if it is a good idea to reimplement it using
> Cairo.
> I'd use it to draw polygons, polylines, lines and points
> (coloured, using styles, fills etc.).
>
> Could anyone give me some opinion ?

WGL (Windows GL layer) support is planned for the Glitz backend of
cairo. This means that in the future cairo should be potentially very
fast on decent 3D graphics hardware using OpenGL output. As the
propriatary windows drivers are often more complete than e.g it's glx
counterpart, it should provide for great performance with Glitz.

-Peter