[cairo] libglitz-glx problems

Soorya Kuloor sooryak at otii.com
Wed May 12 10:18:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just downloaded latest tarballs from the download site (cairo-0.1.23,
glitz-0.1.2). The packages build fine, but when I tried to compile
latest cairogears, I get the following error at link time.

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../libglitz-glx.so:
undefined reference to `glitz_programs_fini'

My machine uses Fedora Core 1.

I investigated this a little bit further and found that the
glitz_programs_fini() is declared __internal_linkage in glitzint.h and
is part of libglitz.so. However, code that is part of libglitz-glx.so
tries to access this function and cannot find it in libglitz due to
__internal_linkage. I am really surprised that nobody caught this error
before or am I missing something?

This problem happens with both latest tarballs and the CVS HEAD.

Regards,
-- Soorya