[cairo] glitz-glx

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 17:45:37 PDT 2004

I think it is like this:

> mesa-solo
>     xserver(glx impl.) - X rendering code implemented using pieces of glitz
>         glitz(glx backend)

Keith needs to implement render internally in xserver and he also has to
implement xlib drawing. I believe he plans to implement render by pulling the gl
implementation of render out of glitz.

So as a first step I was trying to get this to work:

>mesa-solo
>    mini-glx
>        glitz(miniglx backend)

After that I was going to do:

> mesa-solo
>       glitz(mesa-solo backend)

This would get the code into a form the keith could directly use it.

I've already build all of the autoconf files for glitz(miniglx backend). I also
copied the -glx file in /src to -miniglx and I'm starting to modify them to make
them work. My first goal is to get glitzinfo working. My current problem is that
there is something wrong with the list of visuals being returned by miniglx.

--- David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 14:21 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 May 2004 18:44:43 +0200, David Reveman wrote:
> > > ok, there's no need for a meso-solo backend in glitz to get xserver
> > > running on top of GL, then. xserver will have full glx and glitz will
> > > use that, right?
> >
> > Isn't that backwards though?
> >
> > Keith's trying to get the X server to do all of its rendering through
> > glitz. We don't want another X server under glitz then, hence mesa-solo.
>
> That was the way I thought it would work, but when reading:
>
> On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 07:51 -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > Once keithp gets xserver up on mesa-solo there will be no need to use
> > miniglx anymore. You'll have full glx in the xserver.
>
> I though that glx would be implemented on top of mesa-solo within
> xserver and the xserver would then use glitz on top of this glx
> implementation somehow.
>
> mesa-solo
>     xserver(glx impl.)
>         glitz(glx backend)